6 Nights The Heritage Of India Journey Of Maharajas Express
6 Nights Heritage of India journey of Maharajas Express from Mumbai to New Delhi.
Destinations Covered: Lake City of Udaipur-Fort Town of Jodhpur-Desert Outpost of Bikaner-Pink City of Jaipur-Ranthambore Tiger Reserve-Fatehpur Sikri-Agra Taj Mahal
Day 01: Sunday Morning: Mumbai Depart
Report by 8:30 hrs in Banquet Hall of Hotel for check in formalities of Maharajas’ Express Train Tour. Following this, guests are transferred to Railway Station to board the Maharajas’ Express Train.
Train proceeds to Udaipur. Lunch & Dinner on board.
Day 02: Monday: Lake City of Udaipur
Udaipur - the City of Lakes and also referred to as Venice of the East. Post breakfast, disembark from the train & first enjoy boat ride in Lake Pichola followed by visit to City Palace (one of the largest palace complex in India) with scalloped arches, fretted balconies, and cupolas & Crystal Gallery –with display of personal collection of Udaipur Royalty. Experience a sumptous lunch in Durbar Hall of Fatehprakash Palace .Post Lunch Option to return back to train to relax OR avail optional activities
Evening Train departs from Udaipur. Dinner on board.
Optional tours in Udaipur (at extra cost-on direct payment):
- Shopping Trip
- Enjoy spa facilities in 5 star hotel
- Evening Sound & Light Show (time permitting)
Day 03: Tuesday: Fort Town of Jodhpur
Train arrives in Jodhpur in the morning & post breakfast, Option to relax on the train OR avail optional tours. After on board lunch, explore this erstwhile capital of Marwar, which is set like jewel amidst golden sands and is famous for its magnificent forts and palaces from Rajput era. Proceed on a walking tour of Old Clock Tower Market and visit the magnificent Mehrangarh Fort to admire the intricate latticed windows, elaborately carved panels and elegantly curved porches. Highlight of the day is Royal Cocktail Evening with cultural program & array of sumptuous Marwar culinary delights.
Post dinner return to Railway Station & train departs
Optional Tours in Jodhpur (at extra cost-on direct payment):
- Jeep Safari excursion to a nearby located Bishnoi village-traditional eco farmers.
Day 04: Wednesday: Desert Outpost of Bikaner
Train arrives at Bikaner Station in the morning & post breakfast -Option to relax on the train OR avail optional tours. After Lunch on board, visit late 16th century built Junagarh Fort- a formidable structure encircled by a moat and features numerous decorative halls. Later proceed for excursion to sand dunes with en-route high-tea stop at Gajner Palace. On arrival at the sand dunes you are greeted by cocktails, barbeque and folk dances. Later drive back to Railway Station & train departs.
Optional Tours in Bikaner (at extra cost-on direct payment):
- Visit to Lalgarh Museum- where you can witness the architectural marvel of Rajasthan.
- Excursion to Deshnok (rat) Temple-About 600 year old and is known for its sacred rats.
Day 6: Thursday: Pink City of Jaipur
After on board breakfast, proceed for excursion to Amber Fort Palace – constructed in late 16th century using combination of Red sandstone & marble & having large ramparts, series of well decorated gates & hallways, Halls of Public & Private Audience. Return to train for Lunch. Option to relax On board OR avail optional tours.
Evening dinner at an exclusive venue. Late Evening return back to Maharaja’s Express, Train proceeds to Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore)
Optional Tours in Jaipur (at extra cost-on direct payment):
- Enjoy Spa facilities at 5 star hotel
- Private shopping tour.
- Golfing at Rambagh Golf club
- Visit to City Palace and The Sun Observatory (Jantar Mantar)
Day 6: Friday Morning: Ranthambore Tiger Reserve
Early morning arrival at Sawai Madhopur Railway Station and proceed for excursion to Jungles of Ranthambore- the private hunting ground of the Maharajas for possible sighting of the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger. These jungles are also home to, sambar, chital, nilgai, chinkara, wild boar, sloth bear, hyena, jackal and leopard. Post safari, return to the railway station & train departs. Breakfast & lunch on board.
Day 6: Friday afternoon: Mughal Town of Fatehpur Sikri
Afternoon excursion to UNESCO World Heritage Site of Fatehpur Sikri, built in Red Sandstone in late 16th century & abandoned within 20 years of it’s construction Due to water scarcity. This deserted Mughal City, offers imposing gateways, Halls of Private and Public audience and beautifully sculptured palaces. Dinner On board.
Day 7: Saturday Morning: Agra
Morning, excursion to one of the wonders of the world, The Taj Mahal, constructed entirely out of white marble and is an architectural masterpiece featuring beautiful inlay work and marble screens. This is followed by another exclusive event, champagne breakfast atop a hillock overlooking Taj Mahal & later return to the train and depart.
Day 7: Saturday Afternoon: New Delhi Arrival
Lunch on board. Train arrives in Delhi by 15:30 hrs. & Check out on arrival. The magical journey comes to an end.
Maharaja’s Express Departure Date
|September 2019 - April 2020|
|Month||Date of Departure|
|March 2020||01, 29|
6 Nights Tariff: Heritage Of India (From September 2019 Till April 2021)
|Cost Per Cabin (Taxes Extra)|
|Rooming||Deluxe Cabin||Junior Suite||Suite||Presidential Suite
|Double Occupancy for 2 persons||$ 12,680||$ 19,780||$ 27,600||$ 47,400|
|Single Occupancy for 1 person||$ 11,180||$ 18,820||$ 27,600||$ 47,400|
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Advice preferred date of journey with cabin type & number of passengers.
- We require Name/Nationality/Date of Birth/Passport Numbers of all the passengers to process booking request.
- Booking will be confirmed on receipt of MINIMUM 30% advance deposit of Ticket Value.
- Balance Payment must reach us at least 70 days before tour depart.
- Booking request made less than 70 days before tour depart, will be confirmed on receipt of one time full deposit of ticket value.
- To issue Travel documents, we require Passport Copy of all passengers & Reservation Form.
- Advice interest to Book Hotels in New Delhi & Mumbai or customized package tours pre/post train tour journey.
- Passengers are advised to pre-book Tour Insurance from country of origin of travel
- Royal Indian Trains is PSA-IA of Maharajas’ Express operated by IRCTC; & our liability is limited to that of Booking Agent Only.
- All requests for cancellation must be made in writing & acknowledged by us.
- Minimum 30% of ticket value will be charged as cancellation fee if booking cancelled > 65 days before tour depart
- Minimum 50% of ticket value will be charged as cancellation fee if booking Cancelled between 64 days to 50 days before tour depart
- Full 100% of ticket value will be charged as cancellation fee if booking cancelled < 49 days before tour depart
- Request for Change in Passenger Name/Journey Date as per IRCTC policy.
- All overseas refunds ,as per cancellation policy are subject to rules & regulations of Reserve Bank Of India
- Royal Indian Trains reserves the right to deduct US$ 100 bank processing fee to process overseas funds & will be refunded in equivalent INR Rupees as per amount received.
- Train Tour Operator (IRCTC) reserves the right to cancel the scheduled depart if occupancy is less & refund the advance received (with NO further liability)
- Disputes, if any, are subject to Jurisdiction of Courts of New Delhi (India) Only.
- By Online Credit Card Authorization
- Swift Wire Transfer
- NEFT/RTGS Transfer