Maha - Parinirvan Express - Buddhist Circuit Train Tour
Maha Parinirvan Express / Buddhist Circuit Train
Welcome aboard the Buddhist Circuit Special train tour, to discover the path to enlightenment in abode of Lord Buddha!
The Mahaparinirvan Express is a special tourist train that takes passengers on a spiritual tour through Bihar/Uttar Pradesh in India , where Buddhism originated more than 2,500 years ago.
The train gets its name from the Mahaparinirvana Sutra, which contains the Buddha's final explanation of his teachings. Its sacred journey includes visits to the most important Buddhist pilgrimage sites of Lumbini (where the Buddha was born), Bodhgaya (where he became enlightened), Varanasi (where he first preached), and Kushinagar (where he passed away and achieved nirvana).
This train tour is owned & operated by IRCTC Ltd. By modifying carriages of an Air conditioned Rajdhani Express sleeper train, offering three different classes of travel (first class, two tier, and three tier). There are limited toilets with showers on the train, but & daily are taken to hotels to freshen up & for brief rest, or at times overnight stay.
There is an onboard hygienic kitchen car facility & passengers are served sumptuous hot meals. Packaged drinking water & tea/coffee Service is available free of charge As this train is targeted for pilgrimage tourist, the onboard facilities are limited & far from opulent ;& cannot be compared to other luxury train tours e.g. Palace On Wheels etc.
But personal & good care is taken of the esteemed Passengers & they are provided luggage assistance at each destination. Security guards are present on the train, An English speaking guide is part of group sightseeing tours & excursions & their costs are already included in the train tour package
As per tour itinerary, at certain destinations hotel rooms are only provided for wash & change basis & available for limited time. Passengers should not expect the wash/change Room facility to be available for a longer duration. Check-in at certain hotels may be delayed due to early arrival, before standard check-in time of hotel The entire train is air-Condtioned & you have option to book 2nd AC Sleeper Class OR 1st AC Class Cabin category These may be further explained as
2nd AC Sleeper :
There are curtains available for limited privacy of each cabin with capacity of 4 passengers on inner side. Two lower & two upper berths The outside side has one lower & one upper sleeping birth
1st AC Sleeper Cabin(4 sharing):
Each cabin has two lower & two upper berths with provision of sliding door which can be locked from inside
1st AC Sleeper Exclusive Cabin :
There are limited cabins with one lower & one upper berth with a sliding door, which can be locked from inside
Option to book:
- Cabin with one lower & one upper sleeper berth(having sliding door,which can be locked from inside)
- Cabin with both lower sleeper berths(having sliding door,which can be locked from inside)
Detailed Train Program :
Day 01 Saturday Afternoon : NEW DELHI Depart
Report by 1 p.m. at Safderjung railway station for check-in formalities of Mahaparinirvan Express Buddhist train tour. After traditional welcome, be escorted to respective Passenger Carriage & train departs by 230 p.m. Evening tea & dinner served on board. Overnight in train.
Day 02 : BODHGAYA –Town of Enlightenment
Buddhist Circuit Train TourTrain arrives early morning at Gaya Railway Station. After onboard wash and Change and breakfast ; proceed with overnight clothes to visit Mahabodhi temple & Niranjana River. Later check into hotel at Bodhgaya for overnight stay. After lunch in hotel & brief rest, visit Thai Temple, Japanese temple & Buddha statue Return to Hotel in the evening for Dinner & Night stay in Bodhgaya hotel.
Day 03 : RAJGIR & NALANDA - Ancient University
Buddhist Circuit Train TourAfter Early morning breakfast, check out from Bodhgaya Hotel & board buses to drive 2 hours to Rajgir, to visit Bimbimsara Jail,Gridhakut Hill & Venuvan After lunch at a restaurant in Rajgir, proceed to visit ruins of one of the oldest university in the world at Nalanda & nearby located museum Depart by 4 p.m. from Nalanda by bus to reach Gaya railway station by 8 p.m. Train departs by 1130 p.m. Dinner & overnight stay onboard.
Day 4 : VARANASI & SARNATH - The First Sermon
Buddhist Circuit Train TourEarly morning train reaches Varanasi railway station, proceed to a hotel room for wash & change only, followed by breakfast Morning excursion to Sarnath, to visit Dhamek stupa, Sarnath Museum, Ashokan Pillar & Mulgandha Kuti Vihar Drive back to Varanasi hotel for lunch & time at leisure. Evening visit ancient Ghats of Holy river Ganges, to view evening lamp immersion ceremony Return to Varanasi railway station by 8 p.m. to board the train. Dinner & overnight stay on board. The train departs by 11 p.m.
Day 05 : KUSHINAHAR : Nirvana
Buddhist Circuit Train TourEarly morning train reaches Gorakhpur railway station. Board buses for Kushinagar Hotel for Overnight stay & breakfast. Morning visit Mahaparinirvan Temple, Rambhar stupa, Mata Kutir temple etc. Return to hotel for lunch & afternoon at leisure. Evening participate in chanting & meditation session Dinner & overnight stay in Kushinagar Hotel.
Day 06: LUMBINI - Birthplace
Buddhist Circuit Train TourAfter Early breakfast, check-out from hotel by 6 a.m. & proceed by bus for excursion to Lumbini(Nepal/across India border). Only those foreign nationals having valid Multiple Entry Visa to India, will be taken across the border by train tour officials After lunch in Lumbini restaurant/hotel, visit Maya devi temple,Ashokan Pillar & Pushkarni lake Depart from Lumbini by 4 p.m.& reach Gorakhpur railway station by 830 p.m. Board train for dinner & overnight stay Train departs by 1130 p.m.
Note:Program for day 5 & 6 can be interchanged also.
Day 07: SRAVASTI - A Legend Begins
Buddhist Circuit Train TourEarly morning board buses from Gonda Railway station for Sravasti Hotel for wash/change & breakfast. Morning visit Jetvana Vihar,Pakki Kuti & Sehat Maher Thai temple, After lunch in Sravasti hotel Drive back to gonad railway station to board train by 5 p.m. & depart by 6 p.m. Evening tea & dinner on board Overnight on train
Day 08 : Morning : TAJ MAHAL
Morning train reaches Agra railway station After onboard breakfast & wash/change, visit one of Seven Wonders of Modern world, The Taj Mahal. Return to train by 1230 Noon & train departs by 215 p.m. for Delhi Onboard lunch 7 evening tea.
Day 08 : Evening : DELHI Return
Check-out at Safderjung Railway station on arrival by 630 p.m
- Onboard Train Manager reserves the right to amend day to day program - to suit local logistics.
- Total journey if of Seven Nights from New delhi/New Delhi =BUT Option to book for MINIMUM Three Nights part journey.
Depart Schedule :Ex New Delhi:
|7 Nights Buddhist Train Tour- Maha Parinirvan Express|
|Important :Train Tour Operator(IRCTC) reserves the right to cancel scheduled depart due to low occupancy/technical reasons.|
Note :Train Tour will operate subject to minimum 50 paid passengers
Tariff : Valid Till March 2017
Cost Per Person for 7 Nights Train Tour(Taxes Extra)
|Cabin Category||Cost Per Person||Remarks|
|2nd AC Sleeper||US$ 945||No guarantee of lower or upper sleeper berth|
|1st AC Sleeper Cabin
(if four persons sharing cabin)
|US$ 1155||No guarantee of lower or upper sleeper berth|
|1st AC Sleeper Private Cabin
(if two persons sharing cabin)
|US$ 1305||One Lower & One Upper Sleeper Berth|
|1st AC Sleeper Private Cabin
(if two persons sharing cabin)
|US$ 1735||Both lower sleeper berth|
|1st AC Sleeper Private cabin On Single Occupancy||US$ 1935||Lower sleeper berth|
Train Tour cost Includes :
Travel & stay in Rajdhani style AC train with sharing toilets, Facility of wash & change in hotel rooms; Daily 3 meals & packaged drinking water; Conducted sightseeing trips in AC Buses with English speaking guides; Monument entrance fees.
Extra Costs(not included) :
Professional/video camera fees at monuments; alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages; laundry, tour insurance, tips, room service Or telephone calls in hotels, Visa fees for India Or Nepal; hotels bookings not specified; air ticket OR any other expense of personal nature
Terms & Conditions
- We require Names/Nationality/date of birth of all the passengers with preferred journey date to process your booking request
- The booking will be confirmed on receipt of minimum 25% of total ticket value
- Full payment must reach us at least 65 days before tour date with photocopy of passport & multiple entry visa for India
- Booking request made < 65 notice will be confirmed on receipt of one time full payment
Cancellation Rules :
- The Mahaparinirvan Express Buddhist train tour is owned & operated by IRTCT Ltd & rules accordingly framed.
- Train Tour bookings are Non-endorsable & non transferable.
- Only on receipt of written request, will we process your cancellation request.
- MINIMUM levy of 10% of total ticket value if cancellation request made > 50 days in advance
- MINIMUM levy of 25% of total ticket value if cancellation request made between 45 to 20 days in advance
- MINIMUM levy of 50% of total ticket value if cancellation request made between 20 to 10 days in advance
- Full 100% levy of total ticket value if cancellation request made < 10 days in advance
- Failure to meet payment deadline will be treated as per cancellation rules
Payment Options :
- Online credit card authorization (only VISA/ MASTERCARD accepted)
- Swift wire transfer
- Indians can pay by RTGS/Cheque payable at par in New Delhi (India)
Minimum Passender Gurantee Clause :
- The Mahaparinirvan Express Train tour will operate subject to booking of minimum paid passengers
- It is Sole Responsibility of Train Tour Operator(IRCTC) to give adequate prior notice if scheduled depart is to be cancelled due to limited booking/technical reason & maximum liability of Royal Indian trains is limited to refund the advance taken for train booking.
- Disputes, if any, are only subject to jurisdiction of courts of New Delhi (INDIA)