Maharaja's Express Booking Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms & Conditions-Maharajas Express Train
- Advice Date of Journey with Cabin type required
- We require Names & Nationality of all the Passengers to process booking
- Booking will be confirmed on receipt of MINIMUM 30% amount of ticket value(inclusive taxes) as advance deposit
- Balance Amount must reach us atleast 70 days before tour depart with passport copies of all the passengers & Reservation Form
- Booking Request made less than 70 days before tour depart will be confirmed on receipt of ONE TIME Full Ticket Value with passport copies of all the passengers & Reservation Form
- Advice arrival/depart details in India & interest to book Airport/Railway station transfers And Hotels through us at extra cost
- Online Credit Card Authorization Form (only Visa & Master Card accepted)
- Swift wire Transfer through your Bank
- Indian Nationals can pay in equivalent INR Rupees as prevailing rate of exchange by RTGS/NEFT Transfer .
Cancellation Rules for FIT’s
- Requests for change in confirmed bookings or cancellation must be forwarded in writing by Fax/Scan under signatures
- The requested changes, be it name change or date change will be treated as fresh booking where confirmation will be subject to availability
- Please note all bookings confirmed are non-transferable and will invite cancellation charge as applicable
- If cancellation request is intimated >61 days prior to tour depart, there will be a minimum cancellation levy of 25% on published cost
- If cancellation request is intimated between 46 to 60 days prior to tour depart, there will be a cancellation levy of 50% on published cost
- If booking cancelled < 46 days prior to tour depart, there will be a cancellation levy of 100% on published cost
- No Show OR Self Curtailment of Journey Or Payment not made as per schedule will attract full 100% cancellation levy on the published tour cost
- In Case Train Tour Operator(IRCTC) decides to cancel the sheduled depart due to low occupancy / technical reserves
- Passengers will be informed 30 days in advance AND advance received for Train Booking will be refunded (with no further liability on Royal Indian Trains due to any other financial loss suffered by passenger due to Cancellation Fee of Air Tickets/ Indian Visa fee/hotel booking OR any other expense)
The main train tour operator company of IRCTC is solely responsible for making refunds for cancellation & guest complaints
Royal Indian Trains is authorized booking agent of Maharajas Express & our Maximum Liability is limited to that of Booking Agent Only
Train Schedules and Flexibility
Please note that Maharaja's Express Train is owned & operated by Government agency of IRCTC & within constraints of the Indian Railways Network and timing agreed upon by them We require you to abide by timings suggested by your guides, escorts, etc. enabling us to adhere to schedules Certain departures would be operating in reverse with minor changes in timings and flow of destinations.
Description of Services On The Website
The information provided in this website is based on brochures available with Marketing Office of ITCTC ,& subject to change The Train Management reserve the absolute right to alter, amend, change or modify tour package & itineraries (including but not limited to cancellation and or substitution of guest speakers & signature departures).The same may be necessary due to factors beyond their control such as 'force majeure' events, strikes, fairs, festivals, sport events, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights or railway, closure of / restricted entry at a place of sightseeing. Wherever possible, you will be sufficiently informed in advance. Otherwise Train Manager or Maharaja Express Train Management bears the onus to inform you of the changes on the tour.
The itineraries on certain departures will run in reverse direction. There may also be a slight amendment in activities and sequence of destinations visited. The right to vary, amend, alter or withdraw any particular itinerary, departure or excursion rests entirely with the company. Services however, will remain unchanged.
Personal Travel Insurance
There is no concept of tour insurance in India & We strongly recommend that you have adequate travel insurance cover from your country of domicile for injury, illness, death, accident, loss of effects or luggage and holiday cancellation.
Law and Jurisdiction
Your relationship (and any contract you may have) or with any Third Party Supplier or any disputes or other matters arising from it shall be interpreted as per Indian Laws and Courts in New Delhi, India & they alone would have exclusive jurisdiction over any litigation or arbitration proceedings
Insurance for Maharaja's Express
The Maharajas' Express is comprehensively insured for fire, earthquake, theft and terrorism. All guests are covered under an umbrella insurance cover of Indian Railways.
Complaint and Problems
Should you have any complaints or face any problem during your journey, please bring it to the attention of the Train Manager immediately, while on board, in order for him or her to provide you with an immediate solution Failing to do this, any right to compensation, which you may have, will be extinguished or reduced. In unlikely event that problem persists, please write to us within One week of your return from the tour, providing us with the details of your booking reference and this complaint will be taken up with Train Company Management.
Liability of Train Tour Company
The Management of Maharaja's Express Train assures you that all arrangements for your holiday will be made , and provided with utmost skill and care This means that they will accept responsibility if, for example, your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as result of failure on their part, our employees or suppliers The Train Company reserves the right to decline your booking / s for any Tour or to cancel your booking without assigning any reason.
In these booking conditions, 'force majeure' means any event which we / the supplier of service(s) in question / the Third Party Supplier could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid Such events may include whether actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, disease, fire and all similar events outside the control of the party concerned We cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our agreement with you is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of, 'force majeure'.
We do not accept liability for
Any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description which, based on the information you gave us at time of booking, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you Any business losses Excursions or other tours or any other travel services taken & paid for by you which have not been provided by us whilst you are on our tour In such instances, your contract will be with operator / supplier of excursion or tour or travel services and not with us.
Clarification on Status Of Royal Indian Trains
- The Maharaja's Express Train is managed, operated & owned by IRCTC Ltd (Subsidiary of Indian Railways)
- Royal Indian Trains ,based in New Delhi (india) ,is a different business entity & an Indian Tour Operator specializing in promotion & booking of various luxury trains operating in India like Palace On Wheels, Indian Maharaja, Golden Chariot, Royal Rajasthan On Wheels, Deccan Odyssey & Maharaja Express etc.
- The domain & website of www.royalindiantrains.com has been operational for number of years & owned by our associate travel company-Lawrence Travels.
Self arrangements for Indian Visa
It is advised that all foreign nationals to self contact the nearest Indian consulate at least 90 days before arrival in India to complete their Visa Formalities To visit India. It is normal to take 5 to 10 working Days for this process Request for cancellation of Train tour, on account of non availability of Indian Visa Or in-ability to board flight to India because of in adequate Visa papers Will be governed by Cancellation rules
Booking through Travel Agent
We bear no direct responsibility or liability to a passenger ,if his/her booking is routed through a Travel Agent/Tour operator or a third person.
Minimum Passenger Clause
The Management of Principal Train Tour Operator Company viz. IRCTC Ltd.; reserves the right to postpone OR cancel a prepaid journey date, in case of Lack of booking of minimum passengers required to operator the train tour. The Maximum liability of Royal Indian trains is limited to advance received to book Train Journey. No further claim of damages Or compensation will be entertained from the esteemed guests towards any other expense Suffered Or borne due to cancellation of Air fare/Visa Charges/Hotel booking etc. Disputes(if any) are subject to jurisdiction of courts of New Delhi(India) only.